Thursday, April 01, 2010

What is talent

Rodney Smith is one of my favorite photographers. Here’s a recent quote from his blog:

To say a photographer has a vision is to say the photographer has something unique to say to about the world. Why do some photographers have something unique to say, when so many others just shoot pictures that are general and lacking vision? Most people would say it has to do with talent. Maybe. But maybe not. Maybe it has nothing to do with talent. Maybe it has to do with the ability to express one’s feelings. The person who presents a strong vision has figured out a way to express his or her feelings, while others are struggling to do that. Talent, then, becomes not so much artistic talent, though that may be a good part of it, but rather emotional talent.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Rodney Smith is one of my favorite photographers too!! And thank you for your comment on my blog!! Maybe if someone ever decides they want to marry me you can take my wedding pictures. I'll keep you updated.. ha